Malta Animal Hospital: Proud Member of Our Community
The entire team at Malta Animal Hospital is proud to be a member of this community! Take a look at some of the activities and events in the Capital District that keep us in touch with our pets and their owners:
Community Dog Park Project
Dr. Zaidel is a co-founder and Treasurer of Eastline Romp & Play, a not for profit corporation that has partnered with the Town of Malta to develop and maintain a dog park within the community. This is an exciting project, and we will post any progress toward our goal!
Donate to the Eastline Romp and Play Dog Park Project
We participate in Curtis Lumber’s Pet-A-Palooza community pet adoption event each year. This exciting event is held in Ballston Spa and is fun for all members of the family.
We participate in the Town of Malta Community Day each year. Come join us!
Preparing the Next Generation
Malta Animal Hospital welcomes interns from high school and college, in veterinary and veterinary technician programs. Contact us for more information.
Every year, we conduct a course on veterinary medicine for sixth, seventh, and eighth graders, through the Shenendehowa school district’s SAGE Saturday Scholars program.
You can also find us participating in the annual SAGE/SHEN Science and Health Discovery Night, a terrific family event.
Recently, members of our team enjoyed reading to the younger students in our community and other school programs.
Supporting Local Organizations
We provide fundraising support to some local organizations including the breast cancer fund, wildlife rescue, the area shelter, Falling Leaves 5K, Malta Ambulance Corps, and a local Team in Training runner in the marathon to raise money for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
Welcoming Our Newest Neighbor, Malta Med
Welcome to our new, next-door neighbors, Malta Med Emergent Care! Albany Med and Saratoga Hospital have joined together to provide 24/7 medical diagnosis and emergency medical care for your human family members, with board-certified emergency doctors and no appointment needed.
We recommend these websites for great information on a variety of topics related to veterinary medicine and pet health care:
- Canine intervertebral disk disease (IVDD) — Prepared for the Dachshund Club of America by a veterinary neurologist, this is an excellent resource for all dog owners. It is especially useful to owners of dogs that have IVDD or for anyone who knows or is considering adding a dachshund to their family.
- CDC: What Every Pet Owner Should Know About Roundworms and Hookworms — A brochure designed to educate pet owners of the risk of zoonotic transmission of these common intestinal parasites from pets to people.
- Companion Animal Parasite Council — A group committed to education of veterinarians, physicians, and pet owners regarding parasite infection of pets and zoonotic transmission to people.
- Cornell Feline Health Center — A program of the Cornell University College of Veterinary Medicine dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of cats everywhere.
- ASPCA Poison Control Center — This is the website of the National Animal Poison Control Center. It includes a library, links to other sites, and phone numbers for the poison control center.
- USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Service — The USDA maintains this website with information on a variety of animal health related topics, including international travel/export, the latest news on such topics as Mad Cow Disease, foot and mouth disease, and many other things.
- North Country Wild Care — A network of wildlife rehabilitators in Upstate New York provide an informative website and a very helpful hotline.